Awards Ceremony & Innovation Ecosystems Connector 17-18 July ACCRA-GHANA
Calling all innovators! Apply to be a part of the #IPA017 market place to showcase your innovations. The application deadline is 3rd July 2017
Exhibition Selection Criteria
- Scientific/Technological/Innovative aspects of your project: For tangible technical/scientific/innovative products or processes; the extent to which the technical/scientific/innovation specifications of the project are grounded on established science and business principles.
- Uniqueness: The special attributes of the product/s and plans of the project and their advantages over similar or alternative products and plans in the local environment.
- Market potential: The extent to which the project addresses the problem it seeks to solve and its potential for competing within the local market.
- Adaptability & scalability: The extent to which the findings of the project can be adapted for use by local industry and beyond.
- Social impact: The ability of the project to create or effect positive or desirable change within the local community and beyond.
For more information, please visit: http://innovationprizeforafrica.org/
About Innovation Price for Africa (IPA):
Five years ago, AIF initiated the IPA to support African innovators by unlocking their potential and catalyzing the African innovation spirit, promoting home-grown solutions for Africa’s prosperity.
We seek to:
- Increase Africa’s prosperity through investing in home-grown innovations and entrepreneurship
- Strengthen African innovation ecosystems through our platforms and mobilize a network of innovation enablers, driving business development and cross-collaboration.
- Demonstrate that African ingenuity exists at a Pan African level through honouring outstanding innovations and recognizing their positive impact in Africa and beyond.
Today, IPA is a leading platform on the African innovation landscape; it has a network of 6000+ African innovators spanning 50 countries; 45 of the continent’s top innovators and 35+ innovation enablers.
- Grand Prize Winner: US$ 100,000
- Second Prize Winner: US$ 25,000
- Special Prize for Social impact innovation: US$ 25,000
The Priority Areas:
The IPA 2017 recognizes innovative breakthroughs that unlock new African potential in the following five priority areas: agriculture and agribusiness; environment, energy and water; health and well-being; ICTs; manufacturing and service industry.
Criteria for Selection:
In the overall assessment of winning applications, the winners are established with reference to:
- The uniqueness of their innovations and superiority to similar or alternative solutions;
- The size and nature of positive social impact that can be attributed to application of their innovation;
- The potential of the innovation to become a commercial success or sustainable (for social innovations).
Read more (http://innovationprizeforafrica.org/)